Band of the Week

Band of the Week
Bad Religion - Free album download

Unsigned Band of the Week

Unsigned Band of the Week
Coming soon....

Video of the Week

Video of the Week
Metric - Gold Guns Girls

Bandology Pick of the Week

Bandology Pick of the Week
Paper Route - Free song download for charity

Warped Tour - 10 Best Live Bands (1st half)

7/25/09


10. Hit The Lights (Triple Crown) - I have to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of their music but I can't deny their live show. It's energetic, a lot of crowd interaction and the band looks like they love what their doing. I'll come around to being fans of their music. Watch them on the SmartPunk Stage. Hit The Lights

9. There For Tomorrow (Hopeless) - I first saw this band play on the Ernie Ball Stage on Warped '07 in Orlando. Two years later, their live show continues to rock. Make sure you check out their 3-part harmonies on their Icebox cover. They have energy, power and great harmonies with their live show. Watch them on the SmartPunk Stage. There for Tomorrow

8. The White Tie Affair (Epic/Slightly Dangerous) - I've seen this band play on a house patio in Phoenix to Bamboozle and now Warped Tour. Their steady climb of album sales (over 65,000 so far) has the live show to be thankful for. It's easy to get new fans when you can sound like your CD in person. Watch them on the SmartPunk Stage. The White Tie Affair

7. Gallows (Epitaph) - You can watch this band every single day/night and come out with something different to say. You will also come out of it with a few new one-liners. This band speaks their mind and don't hide anything when it comes to their live show. Frank, the lead singer, always gets in the pit with the mic. He comes out bloody quite often, as well. Stuart, their bass player, gives them extra points for remembering my name after 2 years. Watch them on the Hurley Stage. Gallows

6. Alexisonfire (Vagrant) - This band has one of the best live screamers and one of the best singers. The singer is none other than City & Colour's Dallas Green. I didn't know who this band was until Warped '05 when I heard this amazing sounding band ringing out of the ampitheater in Cincinnati. I was a fan ever since. Watch them on the Hurley Stage. Alexisonfire

5. Innerpartysystem (Unsigned) - I have to admit that I never watch this band's entire performance at any date because of various reasons. It's hard to have a light show on Warped since most time slots are during the day. But this band, somehow, gets it done. The buzz about this band's live show reminds me of the talk of MuteMath on Warped '07. Watch them on the Skullcandy Stage. Innerpartysystem

4. The Maine (Warner/Fearless) - Ok ok...I know some of you are going to call me "biased" on this one since I work for the band. But they are very good live and I had several people on Warped tell me they sound like their CD. Just listen to their Def Leppard cover live and you will be won over. These guys have come a long way from their very first live show in January 2007, which I attended. Watch them on the Hurley Stage. The Maine

3. A Day To Remember (Victory) - Holy moly. This band is easily in the Top 5 most watched band on Warped '09. I saw one show in which there was easily 3,000 people watching. They are intense, crowd-pleasing, thankful to their fans and fun to watch. If you want to see kids crowd surfing 50 yards from the stage with 10 different mosh pits, this band is for you. Watch them on the Hurley Stage. A Day to Remember

2. All Time Low (Hopeless) - Again, some of you might tag me with the "biased" card because of my relationship with them. But they are definitely one of the better live bands on Warped '09. Their harmonies have continued to improve and their songs are just damn catchy. Their antics between songs are hilarious. If you don't like their music, watch them to hear their witty commentary. Watch them on the Main Stage. All Time Low

1. Underoath (Solid State) - Just when I started to lose interest in this band, I had to see them on Warped Tour. Bam! My interest is back. Their live show is hands down the best on the tour. Their crowd is intense, their set is intense, their musicianship is intense and the show is intense. They sound like their CDs and they look like they love playing every night. They even try not to offend the non-Christians with their love for God. Watch them on the Main Stage. Underoath

How did I do?

17 comments:

Tim said...

I wish I could've watched every band on the 2 weeks I was on so I might've missed a few great acts. Let me know if I did!

July 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM
Anonymous said...

Good selection buddy, but you need to practice your writing.

July 25, 2009 at 5:56 PM
Anonymous said...

Aiden is an AMAZING live show. Next time you get a chance, check them out.

July 25, 2009 at 5:56 PM
Jan Powers said...

The Scenic put on one hell of a show. Rock-n-roll at it's finest!

July 25, 2009 at 6:02 PM
Tim said...

I'm a spur-of-the-moment writer :)

July 25, 2009 at 6:04 PM
Anonymous said...

Escape the Fate puts on one of the best live shows I've seen. Definitely check them out.

July 25, 2009 at 6:07 PM
Anonymous said...

VersaEmerge puts on a damn good live show. seen them a bunch of times and they get better everytime !

July 25, 2009 at 6:09 PM
Megan<3 said...

LIGHTS should defnintely be on this list!

She is phenomonal live and sounds exactly, or in my opinion even better, then her recorded tracks.
She has so much energy and it reflects in her performance and the crowd.
I will see her show again and again.!

Paramore is also a great live show. Hayley is great!

& I saw The maine play in philly not too long ago with all time low and they actually dissapointed me, i thought they would be much better.

July 25, 2009 at 6:31 PM
Anonymous said...

thanks for putting TFT on there, they're so underrated!

July 25, 2009 at 6:32 PM
Anonymous said...

anti-flag put on undoubtedly one of the best shows today. i have never seen a band able to control a restless crowd so well.

July 25, 2009 at 7:22 PM
none said...

Aw i'm pretty bummed ATL wasn't at the Dallas date, but i DID get to see ADTR. Easily the best imo.

July 25, 2009 at 7:56 PM
Jesse Richman / xopchipili said...

Heh, that's funny, my list would be COMPLETELY different from yours. Mine would probably include Aiden, Tat, Sing It Loud, Mercy Mercedes, After Midnight Project, Jet Lag Gemini, Kelsey and the Chaos, and the somehow-still-at-the-top-of-their-game Bad Religion.

That said, what I think was maybe most notable was the sheer number of high quality performances. I think I saw maybe three bum sets total in the two days I hit Warped.

July 25, 2009 at 8:01 PM
Anonymous said...

your list is pretty good- underoath kills it every time i see them live. wether it's in a small venue, or warped tour, they are just simply amazing love. they manage to have the most high energy, crazy show. perfect pick for number 1

July 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM
Maddie said...

Anti-Flag most definitely deserves a spot on this list. Their energy alone (both during AND between songs) is enough to make even the poppiest Warped attendee pause on their way over to buy another v-neck and listen up. Pair that with a great sound, punk rock spirit, crowd participation (everything from middle-finger salutes to pulling kids onstage to create their daily percussion section), and a Clash cover, and you've got one hell of a show. Their ability to unite the crowd and make them think creates a set that's mesmerizing to the point where you have to pinch yourself when it's over to make sure it wasn't all in your head. This is a band that commands the attention and respect of the audience in a way that makes them the best act on this year's Warped Tour.

July 25, 2009 at 9:02 PM
Anonymous said...

Did you not even watch Thrice?????? Come on man....

July 25, 2009 at 9:25 PM
Maria said...

Chiodos was amazing! The crowd was so hyped up when they started playing that barely half-way into the first song, some kid had to get taken out on a stretcher (I don't know what happened to him, I couldn't see what was going on). When they continued performing they just killed it! Craig sounds just like his cds live.

Sing It Loud impressed me a lot with their incredible energy and they put onn an awesome performance. They would also be a contender on my top list of bands at Warped.

I absolutely love watching There For Tomorrow perform so that was definitely a good choice to put on your list.

All Time low were good too. When I saw them on the Believers Never Die Tour I was kind of dissapointed with their live show but they were great on Warped.

You definitely have to put VersaEmerge on that list. They are such a talented band and they have a great stage presence.

I personally didn't go watch The Maines set (I was too busy watching There For Tomorrow :P) but I had a friend tell me that she was extremely dissapointed with their show.

July 26, 2009 at 6:47 PM
Unknown said...

On the back side of the links in the Breitling Watch , there should be a clear manufacturer's marking, and the strap should have the model number. If the Navitimer World lacks these marks. Also, the steel used in the fakes, for obvious cost-cutting reasons, is usually cheaper-looking than the steel used for Montbrillant Datora . Plus, the nine o'clock subdial in fakes shows the days of the week instead of the date, and the font is often wrong when compared to the Breitling Avenger .
The kind of Louboutin Shoes , that will never ever wear off and go on to last you for years and years to come. So, go right ahead and exploit the very best Christian Louboutin Pumps that life has to offer you. The best of quality and range, from this extremely famous and equally popular Christian Louboutin Boots will ensure that what you have on your feet is a world class product. When you pay money for a shoe of this type, look for the whole look and the Christian Louboutin Sandals and heel too.
Coach Purses was founded in 1941 as a family business selling nice reliable leather purses. This company works as a trio in the sense that Coach Legacy the designer, producer and marketer of Coach Madison own business. You could find and buy Coach Luggage online now too.

July 19, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and please register for our email list!

 

2009 ·Bandology.net by TNB