Band of the Week

Band of the Week
Bad Religion - Free album download

Unsigned Band of the Week

Unsigned Band of the Week
Coming soon....

Video of the Week

Video of the Week
Metric - Gold Guns Girls

Bandology Pick of the Week

Bandology Pick of the Week
Paper Route - Free song download for charity

Billboards Top Albums and As I Lay Dying

5/18/10



Bandology posed the question last week - could As I Lay Dying's new release The Powerless Rise make it in the Top 5 on the Billboard Charts?  Answer is a resounding no.

As I Lay Dying's new album The Powerless Rise hit #10 on the Billboard Top 200 album chart with 38,000 copies sold.  This is 2 spots and about 1,500 albums less then their previous album An Ocean Between Us.

Here are the notable Billboard Top 50 albums according to HitsDailyDouble:

#1 - Justin Bieber  My World 2.0  61,000 copies sold
#2 - The National  High Violet  55,800
#7 - The Dead Weather  Sea of Cowards  43,500
#8 - Godsmack  The Oracle  43,000
#10 - As I Lay Dying  The Powerless Rise  38,000
#19 - Deftones  Diamond Eyes  18,700
#28 - Bullet For My Valentine  Fever  14,600
#31 - We Are The Fallen  Tear The World Down  14,000
#37 - Train  Save Me San Francisco  12,000
#48 - The Hold Steady  Heaven Is Whenever  9,500

Bieber's #1 album is the 2nd lowest total ever to hit #1 since the inception of Soundscan in 1991.


1 comments:

Tim said...

I honestly think the full album stream the week of the release hurt their sales because the album is not as melodic as their last albums.

The one thing with AILD is that they were able to capture fans outside of the metalcore/hardcore crowd. But this album sides with that crowd.

I like the album but I like the older ones better.

And The National was a surprise to everyone I think.

May 18, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and please register for our email list!

 

2009 ·Bandology.net by TNB