Band of the Week

Band of the Week
Bad Religion - Free album download

Unsigned Band of the Week

Unsigned Band of the Week
Coming soon....

Video of the Week

Video of the Week
Metric - Gold Guns Girls

Bandology Pick of the Week

Bandology Pick of the Week
Paper Route - Free song download for charity

Paper Route: MTVu Video Candidate

8/4/09

Paper Route was only the second #1 unsigned band on TheDailyChorus. I remember talking with JT, the lead singer, on the phone in early 2008 before picking them #1 because I didn't know much about them. I didn't know if they were a "hobby" band or were pursuing a music career. I just couldn't understand how a band with so much talent and a great sound was not covered on any other website like Pitchfork or Stereogum. There had to be a reason.

Apparently, there wasn't.

Since their #1 rank, they have signed to Universal Motown and have been captivating crowds with their live show. They even picked up support from bands they didn't even know like OneRepublic, Shiny Toy Guns and Paramore. That means you're doing something right.

Below is their video for their great song Carousel. Please head to the MTVu Video Voting Page to vote for Paper Route this week. Let's get them on MTVu's rotation. I promise they will be big.



Buy Carousel for .99 cents ------> Paper Route - Absence (Bonus Track Version) - Carousel

5 comments:

Tim said...

This band has supported TDC for the beginning. This band is building the right way, organically, even though they are on a major label. And I can't tell you how many people are blown away by their live show.

August 4, 2009 at 6:50 AM
Unknown said...

Great band, I recently got a link to twitter search after one of their live shows and you had 200 tweets in a 400 seat venue proclaiming second coming of christ type things. I can't imagine them not getting pretty huge despite the fact that they are going to be seen as to emo for stereogum and pitchfork.

Great find Tim!

August 4, 2009 at 7:20 AM
Elizabeth said...

These guys definitely won me over through their live show! I first saw them open for innerpartysystem - a little odd of a match up, but they grabbed my attention. I was able to catch a couple of their shows on their most recent tour with Audrye Sessions which cemented me as a huge fan. Not to mention the fact that their CD "Absence" has me completely captivated.

I really hope they win mtvU's The Freshmen. I've been voting since the polls opened, but looks like we need more help taking down Krizz Kaliko's forces ;)

August 4, 2009 at 10:00 AM
Peter Davis said...

I was late to the Paper Route party but I'm really enjoying Absence a lot. It's definitely one of my top albums of this year for sure. Can't wait to see some LA dates up on their Myspace.

August 4, 2009 at 12:13 PM
Tim said...

Jesse, you might be right about them being "to emo" for Pitchfork or Stereogum. Crazy.

Peter, I should've sent them to you a long time ago :(

August 4, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and please register for our email list!

 

2009 ·Bandology.net by TNB