Band of the Week

Band of the Week
Bad Religion - Free album download

Unsigned Band of the Week

Unsigned Band of the Week
Coming soon....

Video of the Week

Video of the Week
Metric - Gold Guns Girls

Bandology Pick of the Week

Bandology Pick of the Week
Paper Route - Free song download for charity

Top 5 Weekly Songs

8/3/09

***Click on the iTunes link to hear song clips***

1. Silversun Pickups "The Royal We" - This is the third week in a row with a Silversun song in the top five. I have no idea if this song is the next single or not but I can't stop listening to it. This makes me realize how much I miss bands that can write emotional lyrical content. Bands like Smashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails and The Cure were the masters at it. Silversun could be that new breed. "I swear we fell in love but not the first time....." (Dangerbird) Silversun Pickups - Swoon - The Royal We

2. Barely Blind "Panic Attacks Are Normal" - This is my favorite song off their EP My Life With A Giant. This band has made it on the Billboard Heatseeker chart for the last 3 weeks. They hit as high as #57 (twice). This band was in the last issue of Substream and seem to have the work ethic to take it to the next level. Listen to this song. (TDR Records) Barely Blind - My Life With a Giant - Panic Attacks Are Normal

3. Dredg "I Don't Know" - I fell in love with this band on Taste Of Chaos '05. Yeah, it was a weird tour for them but watching them every night made me a fan. Their new release didn't get a lot of press and I'm just now starting to listen to it. I describe this band as a cross between MuteMath and Anberlin. If you like those bands, you should like this one. (Ohlone Recordings) Dredg - The Pariah, the Parrot, the Delusion - I Don't Know

4. Hello Hollywood "Kids Undercover" - This is a new Phoenix band that will be on the national scene soon. If you like bands like Every Avenue and Quietdrive, you'll like Hello Hollywood. Their local shows are bringing in the crowds and it's starting to branch into Orange County. Put this band on your radar. (Unsigned) Hello Hollywood - Late Nights and Lovers - Kids Undercover

5. Anberlin "Breaking" - This song is starting to climb the rock radio charts as their song Feel Good Drag hit #2 earlier in the year. I'll never forget the first time I saw Anberlin live in 2005. I was in awe and every show since has been the same. Hands down, one of the best live bands out there. Let's watch commercial radio carry this song up the charts. (Universal Republic) Anberlin - New Surrender - Breaking

Have any songs of the week suggestions? Email them to timtowner77@gmail.com. If you're an unsigned band, include the song.

Apple iTunes

3 comments:

Indie said...

I go through all the links present in the blog and i found very interesting and informative.

August 3, 2009 at 8:06 AM
Tim said...

I really do Silversun will have a Gold album once this album starts to make its way into the ears of the commercial rock fan.

And thank you Indie!

August 3, 2009 at 8:09 AM
sara said...

Anberlin made it to #1 with feel good drag didn't they?

August 3, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and please register for our email list!

 

2009 ·Bandology.net by TNB