Band of the Week

Band of the Week
Bad Religion - Free album download

Unsigned Band of the Week

Unsigned Band of the Week
Coming soon....

Video of the Week

Video of the Week
Metric - Gold Guns Girls

Bandology Pick of the Week

Bandology Pick of the Week
Paper Route - Free song download for charity

Kurt Cobain: Rewind To Fame, Family & Death

8/1/09

Don't ask me what came over me but I wanted to do this "rewind" on Kurt Cobain and Nirvana. Here are some YouTube videos on Kurt:

Kurt on fame and press distortions:



Kurt gets his butt kicked by a bouncer (around 2:15):



Dave Grohl's first show (1990):



Kurt, Courtney, Francis Bean family pictures w/Foo Fighters Miracle playing:



NBC coverage of Kurt's death:




Words to Kurt's suicide note:




My favorite Nirvana song called Dumb (...I'm not like them but I can pretend...):



Leave some comments. Tell me if this was cool, dumb (no pun intended) or just plain random.

4 comments:

Tim said...

I wasn't even listening to Nirvana at all today, this week or in the last few months. Weird.

His suicide note was deep and honest. "It's better to burnout than to fade away." He was burnt out awhile ago. You can just tell in his interviews. He was always emotionless, tired looking and bored.

August 1, 2009 at 2:42 PM
Rob Carey-Peterson said...

I like this. It's a little random, but it's all good.

I remember listening to Nirvana again last Spring for the first time in a few years, and just feeling pure awe. There was a reason so many people felt connected to him, and his art.

August 1, 2009 at 3:31 PM
Anonymous said...

Random but in a good way. Who wouldn't want to learn about this guy?

August 1, 2009 at 3:45 PM
Matt said...

Very cool. Love Nirvana.

August 2, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and please register for our email list!

 

2009 ·Bandology.net by TNB