Band of the Week

Band of the Week
Bad Religion - Free album download

Unsigned Band of the Week

Unsigned Band of the Week
Coming soon....

Video of the Week

Video of the Week
Metric - Gold Guns Girls

Bandology Pick of the Week

Bandology Pick of the Week
Paper Route - Free song download for charity

Kurt Cobain Art Exhibit Opens

5/14/10



According to Spin.com, the Seattle Art Museum opened an art exhibit called Kurt.  The exhibit runs until September 6th.

Most of the nearly 80 pieces of artwork are from artists all around the world from 1994 to the present.  The exhibit represents how influential Kurt Cobain continues to be after his tragic death (I cannot call it a suicide) 16 years ago.

Contributers (from the video above) to the exhibit give their thoughts, views on how Kurt became an "iconic figure."  One contributer even said, "Kurt will be relevant centuries from now."  I have to agree.

Kurt Cobain was the lead singer of the genre-shifting band Nirvana.  Nirvana started a DIY (do-it-yourself) band mentality and work ethic that turned into mainstream success with over 50 million albums sold worldwide.





1 comments:

Tim said...

I wish I could see this exhibit!

Kurt and Nirvana will always hold a place in my heart. The lyrics are so powerful. Some of my favs include:

"I'm not like them but I can pretend."

"I miss the comfort in being sad."

"I'm on my time with everyone."

"Sit and drink pennyroyal tea, distill the life that's inside of me."

May 14, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment and please register for our email list!

 

2009 ·Bandology.net by TNB